Self-assessment, lifelong learning and successful maintenance of certification (MOC) exam prep – all in one place, and at your own pace.
The Practicing Ophthalmologists Learning System, 2017-2019 is the largest, most comprehensive ophthalmic review program available today. It offers a flexible, convenient solution for your learning goals:
- Perform self-assessment. Use 4,000+ test questions to pinpoint where you may benefit from further study.
- Stay up to date. Learn efficiently with 1,400+ topics covered in a concise outline format – a great way to get a refresher on unfamiliar subjects.
- Learn on your own schedule. This new edition is smartphone friendly and also works on tablets and PCs.
- Study for MOC exams. Use easy filters to focus your study to topics and questions relevant to MOC exams.
- Enhance your understanding. In the self-paced exam mode, each question includes a thorough discussion of the correct answer and references.
- Earn CME credit. Each of the 12 activities carries up to 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
How to use the Practicing Ophthalmologists Learning System to prepare for MOC exams efficiently and effectively:
Click or tap the “MOC Only” button. This action filters topic outlines and self-assessment questions to topics in the Practicing Ophthalmologists Curriculum (POC). The POC is an Academy-developed curriculum that defines areas of knowledge important to the delivery of quality eye care and is an effective resource for MOC exam preparation.
Topic outlines are arranged by practice emphasis area. This will help you organize your study time to focus on the areas you select for the Demonstration of Ophthalmic Cognitive Knowledge (DOCK) exam and the Periodic Ophthalmic Review Tests (PORTs).
Use the timed exam mode to move through questions quickly and simulate the test taking experience, or use the self-paced exam mode to get immediate feedback on your answer and read a thorough discussion of the correct answer.
Practice Emphasis Areas covered:
- Core Ophthalmic Knowledge (a required DOCK exam module)
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Cornea/External Disease
- Ocular Pathology/Oncology
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Refractive Management/Intervention
An email with access instructions will be sent after purchase.
This product comprises 12 separate modules which carry a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ each.
For each module:
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Self-Assessment CME: This activity meets the Self-Assessment CME requirements defined by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO). Please be advised that the ABO is not an accrediting body for purposes of any CME program. ABO does not sponsor this or any outside activity, and ABO does not endorse any particular CME activity. Complete information regarding the ABO Self-Assessment CME Maintenance of Certification requirements are available at: http://abop.org/maintain-certification/.