Avoid costly coding errors and maximize reimbursement with the Academy’s complete ophthalmology-specific coding reference. Coding Coach consolidates the necessary information you need for a given procedure in one accurate source.
The Coding Coach print version or 12-month online subscription, is a must-have ‘one-stop’ resource that helps you:
- Save time by consolidating information found in numerous sources
- Increase your coding accuracy and practice profitability
Coding Coach provides you with the following information:
- CPT to diagnosis code links
- Assistance-at-surgery coverage
- Associated procedures
- CCI edits (updated quarterly in the online version)
- CPT® codes and descriptors
- Definitions for the layperson
- Global periods for federal and commercial payers
- HCPCS code links
- Helpful coding clues
- Modifier usage
- RVUs for the office and facility
- Site-of-service differential
Save 10% when you buy four or more coding products.
Note: The online version is a 12-month subscription. Renewal is required to access the product after your subscription ends.
The print edition of the Coding Coach comes as a spiral-bound, three-volume set. The content is arranged by CPT code (e.g. 65400) but each volume includes an alphabetical index of procedures to help you find the numerical equivalent quickly (e.g. Lesion: Cornea, excision, 65400).
- Volume 1 covers integumentary, musculoskeletal, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive and nervous systems that are related to the eye.
- Volume 2 covers eye and ocular adnexa.
- Volume 3 covers radiology, special testing, spectacle services (including prosthesis aphakia), Category III codes, HCPCS codes and miscellaneous codes.
12-month Online Subscription: The Web-based online version has all the relevant information, plus these features:
- Quick and easy search by CPT codes or keywords
- CCI edits updated quarterly
- Notes field for specific code families
- Printable content
- ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis code links
Accessing the online version:
After your purchase, you will receive an email with a license code which will give you access to the product. If you purchased for two or more users, you will receive codes for each user.
Save up to 40% when you subscribe to the online version of the Coding Coach for two or more users. Discount will be reflected at checkout.
- 20 percent off for 2-5 users: $204 member / $338.40 nonmember
- 25 percent off for 6-15 users: $191.25 member / $317.25 nonmember
- 30 percent off for 16-20 users: $178.50 member / $296.10 nonmember
- 40 percent off for 21 or more users: $153 member / $253.80 nonmember
Licensing Agreement: Each Coding Coach Online Subscription license is for one user only. Read the Academy's licensing agreement for online coding products (PDF) for details.
ISBN for Print Version: 978-1-68104-090-5
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.