Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery
Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery is an essential textbook for any ophthalmology resident or trainee and will help them build a solid core foundation of ophthalmic surgical knowledge. It describes more than 80 of the most common surgical procedures performed by ophthalmologists. Step-by-step instructions will help aspiring ophthalmic surgeons as they begin to master the skills needed for surgical proficiency.
The new edition features 175 video vignettes which illustrate key points or alternative techniques. Both print and eBook users have access to the videos. More than 500 photographs and illustrations enhance the discussion of procedures.
This book is a practical complement to the concepts and environments covered in the companion volume, Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery, Third Edition .
• Part I: Anterior Segment Surgery – includes new procedures for wound construction in cataract surgery and scleral fixation of an intraocular lens (IOL)
• Part II: Refractive Surgery
• Part III: Glaucoma Surgery – includes new surgeries
• Part IV: Strabismus Surgery
• Part V: Vitreoretinal Surgery
• Part VI: Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
• Part VII: Globe Trauma – includes new surgeries
2nd ed., 2015
Executive Editor: Jean R. Hausheer, MD
Print: 608 pages
eBook: Academy eBooks transform the print textbook into a convenient, user-friendly digital format you can access online or offline. Read eBooks online from nearly any desktop or laptop computer, or download eBooks to your mobile device with the free Academy eBooks app.
• Click on the “Technical Specs” tab for important information about how to access your eBook after purchase.
• Watch the Academy eBooks demo for iPad.
Print ISBN: 978-1-61525-617-4
eBook ISBN: 978-1-61525-619-8