Media Type: eBook, Print
Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery
Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery is an essential textbook for any ophthalmology resident or trainee and will help them build a solid core foundation of ophthalmic surgical knowledge. The new edition has been expanded to include discussion of requirements for medical training as specified by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and four new clinical chapters. Chapter highlights include key points, suggested reading, self-assessment questions, and more than 200 photographs and illustrations, plus four new videos. Both print and eBook users have access to the videos.
This book lays the foundation for the 80+ surgical procedures covered in the companion volume, Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery, Second Edition.
Evaluation and Preparation
• Patient Selection
• Preparation of the Patient
• Preparation of the Surgeon
• Informed Consent – New chapter!
• Simulation in Surgical Training – New chapter!
• The Importance of Ergonomics for Ophthalmologists
• The Operating Microscope and Surgical Loupes
• Surgical Instruments and Blades
• Suture Materials and Needles
• ACGME Requirements for Surgical Training – New chapter!
• Aseptic and Sterile Techniques in the Operating Room
• Ophthalmic Anesthesia
• Suturing and Knot Tying
• Intraocular Fluids
• Patient Safety Issues
• Postoperative Management
• The Healing Process
• Ocular Pathology – New chapter!
• Complications and Their Consequences – New chapter!
For a more detailed version of the contents click here.
3rd ed., 2015
Executive Editor: Ayman Naseri, MD
eBook: Academy eBooks transform the print textbook into a convenient, user-friendly digital format you can access online or offline. Read eBooks online from nearly any desktop or laptop computer, or download eBooks to your mobile device with the free Academy eBooks app.
• Click on the “Technical Specs” tab for important information about how to access your eBook after purchase.
• Watch the Academy eBooks demo for iPad.
eBook ISBN: 978-1-61525-620-4
Academy eBooks give you convenient digital access to Academy clinical education. Read eBooks anywhere, anytime, whether you’re online or offline!
With Academy eBooks, you can:
Test-drive Academy eBooks with free sample content – sample eBook coming soon.
After purchasing your Academy eBook(s), follow these directions to access content:
To access from nearly any computer with an Internet connection:
To access from your Apple iPad® or iPhone®:
To access from your Android™ tablet or smartphone:
Customers may access this product until December 31, 2022.
This product was built to be compatible with operating systems that are current at the time the product launched, however the Academy cannot guarantee compatibility with future operating system and third-party software updates.System Requirements: https://store.aao.org/ebooks-instructions