The American Academy of Ophthalmology Basic and Clinical Science Course™ is evolving to be even more effective for today's residents with the launch of the new online BCSC Self-Assessment Program which will help them efficiently pinpoint and fill knowledge gaps.
- Designed for residents in collaboration with residency program directors
- 1,000+ (and growing) high-yield questions for efficient, effective OKAP prep
- Questions are tied directly to BCSC content
- Answers provide a thorough discussion, excerpts from the BCSC and complete references
- Content is written and reviewed by an experienced committee of Academy volunteers
With the BCSC Self-Assessment Program, residents can:
- Answer questions at their own pace or simulate a timed exam
- Get immediate feedback with resources for further study
- Compare their performance to their peers with granular and aggregate normative data
- Track changes in their performance over time
- Access via any smartphone or computer
- Residents may choose an open text mode which allows them to answer questions in their own words. This is an excellent way for advanced residents to prepare for their oral board exam.
- As the Academy adds new content and features, current subscribers will receive these upgrades at no additional charge.
The BCSC Self-Assessment Program is a 12-month subscription. It will be available for advance order May 15 and accessible starting in mid-June.
10% off for 2 to 5 users
20% off for 6 to 15 users
25% off for 16 to 20 users
40% off for 21 or more users
Special launch offer: The Academy will provide all U.S. residency program directors with a free 12-month subscription to the BCSC Self-Assessment Program. Access instructions will be provided mid-June.
Practicing ophthalmologists may also benefit from the BCSC Self-Assessment Program to ensure their clinical knowledge is up to date. This product comprises 13 separate modules (one module for each volume of the BCSC) which carry a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ each, for a total of up to 65 CME credits. As with all Academy products, there are no additional fees for CME credits.
For each module:
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.