Equip ophthalmic residents with the Academy’s definitive curriculum: the 2018-2019 Basic and Clinical Science Course
™. The BCSC® is ophthalmology’s trusted, definitive compilation of scientific research and clinical experience and is continually updated by a faculty of 100 experts.
Each of the 13 sections includes up-to-date clinical knowledge, concise information and tables, self-assessment questions with answers, photos and illustrations, and opportunities for earning AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Beginning with the 2013–2014 edition, the Academy and the European Board of Ophthalmology (EBO) have partnered to make the BCSC the standard text for all European ophthalmology training programs. The EBO now recommends the BCSC as the primary educational resource for European trainees and ophthalmologists studying for the annual EBO Diploma Exam.
The BCSC Residency Set includes:
- Section 1: Update on General Medicine
- Section 2: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology
- Section 3: Clinical Optics – Major revision this year
- Section 4: Ophthalmic Pathology and Intraocular Tumors
- Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Section 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus – Major revision this year
- Section 7: Orbit, Eyelids, and Lacrimal System
- Section 8: External Disease and Cornea
- Section 9: Intraocular Inflammation and Uveitis
- Section 10: Glaucoma
- Section 11: Lens and Cataract
- Section 12: Retina and Vitreous – Major revision this year
- Section 13: Refractive Surgery
- Master Index (available as a downloadable PDF)
- Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery, Third Edition
- Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery, Second Edition
The BCSC Residency Set is available in the print or eBook format.
Print: includes 13 print volumes and two essential supplementary textbooks on ophthalmic surgery.
eBook: Read Academy eBooks online from nearly any computer, or download eBooks to your mobile device with the free Academy eBooks app. For eBook features, requirements and licensing, visit: https://store.aao.org/ebooks-instructions
Print ISBN: 978-1-68104-067-7
eBook ISBN: 978-1-68104-068-4
This year the BCSC® is evolving to be even more effective for today's residents with the launch of the new online BCSC Self-Assessment Program. With 1,000+ high-yield questions this program will help residents pinpoint and fill knowledge gaps.