NEW! Rewritten and redesigned brochures boost your patients’ comprehension and recall
Almost 50% of all American adults have trouble understanding information written above the 8th grade reading level. To tackle this health literacy challenge and improve comprehension and recall, the Academy has revamped its patient education content to meet best-in-class readability and information design standards.
Whatever the condition or procedure, the Academy’s enhanced materials offer vital information to improve patient understanding and drive positive health actions, saving you consultation time and strengthening your informed consent process. Give your patients the tools to enjoy better eye health by providing information you can trust and they can understand.
This brochure covers:
- What is a cataract?
- What are symptoms and causes of cataracts?
- You may be able to slow down your development of cataracts
- How are cataracts treated?
- How does cataracts work?
NEW content adheres to latest health-literacy standards (8th grade or lower reading level) by featuring:
- Shorter sentences and expanded use of bullets;
- Emphasis on must know action steps directing patients toward healthier outcomes;
- Glossary for medical/technical terms;
- New text font (APHont) specifically designed for readers with low vision.
NEW layout with a modern sensibility enhances readability by featuring:
- Most important content featured in the beginning and in a summary section at the end;
- Shorter explanations with vital details highlighted in text boxes, pull quotes and sidebars;
- New medical art and images help explain/illustrate key messages.
Packages of 100
Regularly reviewed by board certified ophthalmologists who are members of the Academy