This educational video features real patients discussing how cataracts affected their lifestyles, their positive cataract surgery experiences and how their vision improved after surgery. An ophthalmologist (played by an actor) clearly explains cataract development, the phacoemulsification procedure and its risks and benefits.
- How the eye sees
- How a cataract forms
- Cataract from trauma
- Congenital cataract
- Phacoemulsification and IOLs
- YAG laser capsulotomy
2009; main presentations: 9 minutes, plus additional menu options.
Features available in both DVD and downloadable video:
- English and Spanish content
- OMIC-reviewed Aid to Informed Consent chapter
- High-quality animations
- PC and Mac compatible
Features available in DVD ONLY: Looped version
Information for downloadable version ONLY:
Available file types: Flash, iPad/iPhone/iPod/iTouch, QuickTime high and standard definition and Windows Media
Uses for downloadable video:
- Save on your practice server to conveniently show in multiple rooms
- Show videos on your laptop to patients or project them on a screen during public presentations
- Post video on your practice website
- Burn a disc to give or loan to patients to take home to watch and share with friends and family
- Embed video files in PowerPoint presentations
Downloading this product:
After purchasing this product, you may access it at www.aao.org/myonlineproducts.
© 2012 American Academy of Ophthalmology. All rights reserved. Purchase of this product grants a license covering use of this material for one practice. Web use is limited to websites and servers owned or leased by purchaser and purchaser's practice. For further questions on the Academy's licensing and disclaimer information (PDF), please contact us at email@example.com.
DVD ISBN: 978-1-61525-001-1