Provide a consistent, thorough informed consent process with the aid of the Academy's new downloadable Retina Informed Consent Video Collection, recommended by the Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company (OMIC). This collection includes 21 short videos in English and Spanish, each about five minutes long, on common retinal conditions, the risks and benefits of procedures and treatment options.
Showing these videos will enhance your patient's understanding of procedures and potential complications, help encourage consent, improve compliance and set realistic expectations, in order to help mitigate your malpractice risk.
With versions in both English and Spanish, videos feature an ophthalmologist (played by an actor), high-quality animations and easy-to-understand explanations. All are available in a variety of file formats for desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets: QuickTime SD and HD and Windows Media. They are also iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch compatible.
Collection includes videos on:
- Dilating Eyedrops (download a free sample)
- Retinal Angiography
- Wet AMD and Medication Injections
- Dry AMD (bonus educational video)
- Diabetic Eye Disease: Laser Surgery for Macular Edema
- Diabetic Eye Disease: Medication Injection for Macular Edema
- Diabetic Eye Disease (PDR): Vitrectomy
- Diabetic Eye Disease (PDR): Laser Surgery
- Detached Retina: Pneumatic Retinopexy
- Detached Retina: Scleral Buckle
- Detached Retina: Vitrectomy with Scleral Buckle
- Torn Retina: Photocoagulation
- Torn Retina: Cryopexy
- BRVO: Medication Injection
- CRVO: Medication Injection and Laser Treatment
- Macular Hole: Vitrectomy Surgery
- Macular Pucker: Vitrectomy Surgery
- Vitreomacular Adhesion: Medication Injection
- Cystoid Macular Edema: Medication Injection
Downloading this product:
After purchasing this product, you may access it at www.aao.org/myonlineproducts.
Downloadable video licensing disclaimer:
The Academy grants a nonexclusive license to up to five (5) physicians in your practice in one practice location to use the product on computers and servers owned or leased by you or your practice, on your websites and in patient education presentations. For use by more than 5 physicians or in more than one location, additional licenses must be purchased. Web use is limited to websites and servers owned or leased by purchaser and purchaser's practice. For further questions on the Academy's licensing and disclaimer information (PDF), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.