Almost 50% of all American adults have trouble understanding information written above the 8th grade reading level. To tackle this health literacy challenge and improve comprehension and recall, the Academy has revamped its patient education content to meet best-in-class readability and information design standards.
Whatever the condition or procedure, the Academy’s enhanced materials offer vital information to improve patient understanding and drive positive health actions, saving you consultation time and strengthening your informed consent process. Give your patients the tools to enjoy better eye health by providing information you can trust and they can understand.
This in-depth booklet covers:
- Choosing the right lens
- Monofocal IOLs
- Multifocal and accommodative IOLs for presbyopia
- Monovision for presbyopia
- Toric IOLs for astigmatism
- Who performs cataract surgery?
- What to consider when choosing an IOL
NEW content adheres to latest health-literacy standards (8th grade or lower reading level) by featuring:
- Shorter sentences and expanded use of bullets;
- Emphasis on must know action steps directing patients toward healthier outcomes;
- New text font (APHont) specifically designed for readers with low vision.
NEW layout with a modern sensibility enhances readability by featuring:
- Shorter explanations with vital details highlighted in text boxes and pull quotes;
- New medical art and images help explain/illustrate key messages.
2014; sold in packages of 20; 13 pages