In 2006, ophthalmologists who were board-certified after July 1, 1992, transitioned to the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements set by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO). The Academy has developed a range of products and services to help you through this new process—the Academy MOC Essentials®.
Academy MOC Essentials offerings include:
- Practicing Ophthalmologists Learning System, 2014–2016: An online review program developed specifically for MOC exam prep. It provides 1,400+ study outlines and 4,000+ self-assessment questions across all practice emphasis areas (PEAs).
- MOC Exam Review Course™: A live course based on the Practicing Ophthalmologists Curriculum (POC). This Academy curriculum defines topics that are critical to the delivery of quality eye care, and is an effective resource for MOC exam prep.
- MOC Exam Review Course on Demand: Attend the live MOC Exam Review Course—at home and on your own schedule. The MOC Course on Demand provides audio recordings and presentation slides from the July 2014 live course.
- MOC Process and Requirements: An outline of the ABO's requirements and deadlines, as well as MOC-related products and services the Academy is offering.
- POC Topic List: This is a list of the topics covered by the POC.
- CME Central: A tracking tool for easy credit reporting throughout the MOC process. A free Academy member benefit.
If you have questions about your certification please contact the ABO.
www.abop.org | firstname.lastname@example.org | 610.664.1175 (phone)