Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
In 2006, ophthalmologists who were board certified after July 1, 1992 transitioned to the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements set by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO). The Academy has developed a range of products and services to help you through this new process - the Academy MOC Essentials®.
The Practicing Ophthalmologists Learning System was developed specifically to help you study for the MOC Exam. It provides MOC-specific study outlines and self-assessments across all practice emphasis areas (PEAs).
Learn More >>>
Other Academy MOC Essentials® offerings include:
- MOC Process and Requirements: An outline of the ABO's requirements and deadlines, as well as MOC-related products and services the Academy is offering.
- MOC Exam Review Course™: An in-person course based on the Practicing Ophthalmologists curriculum (POC).
- POC Topic List: This is a list of the topics covered by the POC.
- Self-Assessment CME: This type of CME will be required by the ABO for those starting a new MOC cycle in 2012.
- CME Central: An Academy tracking tool for easy credit reporting throughout the MOC process.