Get concise, expert-written guidance you can apply to practice immediately! Focal Points is the Academy’s trusted monthly publication, with each issue providing a walkthrough on a specific ophthalmic topic.
- Keep your practice up to date and brush up on important topics with to-the-point clinical advice.
- Learn from straightforward, peer-reviewed information written by experts.
- Access 115+ issues in the Focal Points digital archive, with a new topic covered in-depth each month.
- Refer to useful tables, diagrams, photos and surgical videos.
- Choose the learning style you prefer — print or digital.
- Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue.
Focal Points Digital is a convenient, cost-effective way to stay up to date and earn CME credit. Subscribe to Focal Points Digital and get access for 12 months from your purchase date! Your subscription includes:
- Anytime, anywhere access. Read online or download issues to your Apple iPad® or Android™ tablet with the AAO eBooks app.
- New! Print your favorite issues from your home or office printer.
- Comprehensive knowledge. 115+ issues cover all subspecialties.
- Expert guidance. Every issue is written and reviewed by Academy-selected experts.
- Easy search. Search across all issues quickly to find the topic you need.
- Up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for each Focal Points issue you complete.
Click on the “Technical Specs” tab for more information and access instructions.
Focal Points Print includes 12 print issues spanning January to December 2015, shipped quarterly to you in March, June, September and December. Plus, you’ll receive access to Focal Points Digital from January 1 to December 31, 2015.
For orders shipping outside the U.S. and Canada, a $30 shipping surcharge will be added at checkout.
2015 Focal Points Titles
(Subject to change)
- Choroidal Nevi
- Congenital Anterior Segment Abnormalities
- Risk Factors for Post-LASIK Ectasia
- Drug-Induced Uveitis
- Diagnosis and Management of Non-infectious Corneal Ulceration and Melting
- Understanding Intraocular Lenses: The Basics of Design and Material
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Complications of Glaucoma Surgery
- Ancillary Testing in Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Corneal Collagen Crosslinking (CXL)
- Diagnosis and Management of Macular Holes
CME Credit (per Focal Points issue)
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Visit CME Central to review or claim your CME credits.