Almost 50% of all American adults have trouble understanding information written above the 8th grade reading level. To tackle this health literacy challenge and improve patient's comprehension and recall, the Academy develops patient education content that meets best-in-class readability and information design standards.
Whatever the condition or procedure, the Academy’s materials offer vital information to improve patient understanding and drive positive health actions, saving you consultation time and strengthening your informed consent process. Give your patients the tools to enjoy better eye health by providing information you can trust and they can understand.
This brochure covers:
- What are floaters and flashes?
- Eye words to know
- When floaters and flashes are serious
- Flashes and migraines
- Shorter sentences and expanded use of bullets;
- Emphasis on must know action steps directing patients toward healthier outcomes;
- Glossary for medical/technical terms;
- Text font (APHont) specifically designed for readers with low vision.
- Most important content featured in the beginning and in a summary section at the end;
- Shorter explanations with vital details highlighted in text boxes, pull quotes and sidebars;
- Medical art and images help explain/illustrate key messages.
Packages of 100
Regularly reviewed by board certified ophthalmologists who are members of the Academy