Integrate the Academy’s Patient Education Content into Your Electronic Health Record (EHR) System
The Academy is working with an increasing number of companies to bring you the patient education resources you need through your EHR system.
Content available for integration
The Academy's patient education products are available for integration from certain EHR vendors through licensing agreements. Contact your vendor directly to inquire about the following products:
- New! Retina Informed Consent Video Collection
- Patient Education Handouts
- Digital-Eyes™ Ophthalmic Animations for Patients
- Understanding Cataract Surgery Video
- Understanding Glaucoma Video
- Understanding IOL Options for Cataract Surgery Video
- Understanding LASIK and Wavefront Video
Companies that have licensing agreements with the Academy (as of July 30, 2013)
If your EHR vendor is one of the companies listed below, contact your representative directly to ask about integrating the Academy's patient education products into your system.
- EyeMD EMR
- ifa united
- IO Practiceware
- Sophrona Solutions (patient portal)
What to do if your EHR vendor does not have a licensing agreement with the Academy
If your EHR vendor is not listed above, let your EHR representative know that you want the Academy’s patient education content integrated in their system. The representative should contact Kierstan Boyd, the Academy’s director of patient education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.286.2567. She will answer any questions and facilitate the process.
Reasons for EHR Integration
- Access credible, accurate and up-to-date patient information from a centralized system.
The Academy’s patient education content is peer-reviewed, regularly updated, unbiased and highly respected among ophthalmologists.
- Satisfy EHR Meaningful Use requirements.
The Academy’s patient education content offered through your EHR allows practitioners to meet an important component of Meaningful Use.
- Access the most comprehensive patient education content at your fingertips.
The Academy provides nearly 200 printable handouts and more than 70 short animations across all subspecialties with all content available in Spanish.
- Reduce malpractice risk.
Practices can streamline and document their patient education and informed consent interactions in a centralized system.