Access Academy Patient Education Content from Your Electronic Health Record (EHR) System
If your EHR vendor is a content licensing partner of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, you can access the trusted, accurate Academy patient education resources through your EHR system.
Types of Patient Education Content that EHR Companies May License
Your EHR vendor may license the following Academy resources:
- Patient Education Handouts
- New! Cataract and Refractive Surgery Patient Education Video Collection
- New! Glaucoma Patient Education Video Collection
- New! Oculoplastics Patient Education Video Collection
- New! Pediatrics Patient Education Video Collection
- Retina Patient Education Video Collection
- New! Digital-Eyes™ Ophthalmic Animations for Patients
Contact your vendor directly to inquire about integrating the Academy's patient education content.
Top Reasons for Integrating the Academy's Patient Education Content into Your EHR System
- Access credible, accurate and up-to-date patient information from a centralized system.
The Academy’s patient education content is peer-reviewed, regularly updated, unbiased and highly respected among ophthalmologists.
- Satisfy EHR Meaningful Use requirements.
The Academy’s patient education content offered through your EHR allows practitioners to meet an important component of Meaningful Use.
- Access the most comprehensive patient education content at your fingertips.
The Academy provides nearly 200 printable handouts, more than 90 short animations and five video collections across all subspecialties all of which are available in both English and Spanish.
- Reduce malpractice risk.
Practices can streamline and document their patient education and informed consent interactions in a centralized system.
Companies That Currently Have Licensing Agreements with the Academy
These EHR/patient portal companies can deliver some or all of our patient education content through their system:
- EyeMD EMR
- ifa United I-Tech
- IO Practiceware
- Management Plus
If your vendor is one of the companies listed above, contact your representative directly to ask about accessing our patient education content from their system.
What to Do if Your Vendor Is Not a Licensing Partner of the Academy
If your EHR vendor does not have a licensing agreement with us, let your vendor know that you want the Academy’s patient education content integrated in their system. The representative should contact Kierstan Boyd, the Academy’s director of patient education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.286.2567.