The Academy's Downloadable Patient Education Handout Subscription offers the most comprehensive library of patient education content. It includes 87 topics in both English and Spanish that have been completely rewritten and redesigned to reflect best-in-class readability standards and information design. Plus, each topic is regularly reviewed by board certified ophthalmologists who are members of the Academy.
Handouts can be customized easily with practice information (text only) before you print them on standard 8.5" x 11" paper. They are designed to print both in black and white and in color. Subscribe today to ensure that you have access to the most up-to-date versions, which will save time and help reduce your medical malpractice risk.
Download a complete list of titles.
NEW content adheres to latest health-literacy standards (8th grade or lower reading level) by featuring:
- Shorter sentences and expanded use of bullets;
- Emphasis on must know action steps directing patients toward healthier outcomes;
- Glossary for medical/technical terms;
- New text font (APHont) specifically designed for readers with low vision.
NEW layout with a modern sensibility enhances readability by featuring:
- Most important content featured in the beginning and in a summary section at the end;
- Shorter explanations with vital details highlighted in text boxes, pull quotes and sidebars;
- New medical art and images help explain/illustrate key messages.
Share this product with others in your practice. Purchase of this product grants a license covering use of this material on up to five computers and for up to five doctors on computers owned or leased by you or your practice. For use by more than five physicians on more than five computers, additional licenses must be purchased. For further questions on the Academy's licensing and disclaimer information (PDF), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After purchase, visit www.aao.org/myonlineproducts and log in with your Academy username and password.
IMPORTANT: These handouts will not integrate with your EHR system. If you want to integrate the Academy's handouts into your EHR system, visit our EHR Integration Information page for more details.
The following handouts are supported in part by Genentech: Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), Anti-VEGF Treatment for AMD, AMD and Nutritional Supplements, CME (Cystoid Macular Edema) and Diabetic Retinopathy.