NEW - 20 Topics Added
This 12-month subscription provides access to the most comprehensive library of patient education content. It includes 110 topics in both English and Spanish, 20 of which are newly added. Each topic is regularly reviewed by board certified ophthalmologists who are members of the Academy.
Handouts can be customized easily with practice information (text only), and can be downloaded and printed unlimited times. They are designed to print both in black and white and in color. Subscribe today to ensure that you have access to the most up-to-date versions, which will save time and help reduce your medical malpractice risk.
Download a complete list of titles.
IMPORTANT: These handouts will not integrate with your EHR system. If you want to integrate the Academy's handouts into your EHR system, visit our EHR Integration Information page for more details.
Content adheres to latest health-literacy standards (8th grade or lower reading level) by featuring:
- Shorter sentences and expanded use of bullets;
- Emphasis on must know action steps directing patients toward healthier outcomes;
- Glossary for medical/technical terms;
- Text font (APHont) specifically designed for readers with low vision.
Layout with a modern sensibility enhances readability by featuring:
- Most important content featured in the beginning and in a summary section at the end;
- Shorter explanations with vital details highlighted in text boxes, pull quotes and sidebars;
- New medical art and images help explain/illustrate key messages.
Share this product with others in your practice. Purchase of this product grants a license covering use of this material on up to five computers and for up to five doctors on computers owned or leased by you or your practice. For use by more than five physicians on more than five computers, additional licenses must be purchased. For further questions on the Academy's licensing and disclaimer information (PDF), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After purchase, visit www.aao.org/myonlineproducts and log in with your Academy username and password. Your subscription is valid 12 months from the date of purchase.
The following topics are supported in part by Genentech: Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), Anti-VEGF Treatment for AMD, AMD and Nutritional Supplements, CME (Cystoid Macular Edema) and Diabetic Retinopathy.
Dry Eye is supported in part by Shire.