Get concise, practice-ready guidance you can use instantly! Focal Points is the Academy’s trusted serial publication, with each monthly issue offering a mini-course on a specific ophthalmic topic.
- Fill knowledge gaps and keep your practice up to date with compact, to-the-point clinical advice.
- Learn from straightforward, peer-reviewed information written by experts.
- Refer to useful tables, diagrams, photos and surgical videos.
- Choose the learning style you prefer — print or digital.
- Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue.
In 2014, Focal Points is all-new! Both the print and digital formats have been completely revamped based on feedback from subscribers.
Introducing Focal Points Digital
The all-new digital format has more content and new features that allow you to access Focal Points anytime, anywhere. Subscribe to Focal Points Digital for:
- Mobile and offline access: Focal Points issues are now available in the Academy eBook format! Access online from your mobile tablet, laptop or desktop computer, or download issues for offline use on your Apple iPad or Android tablet with the AAO eBooks app.
- More content: Access the entire Focal Points archive of more than 120 issues during your subscription period, plus get a new issue each month. Download and print the issues of your choice.
- Enhanced search: Search across Focal Points issues dating back to 2004.
- New look: Digital Focal Points issues will have an updated look and new navigation.
Click on the “Technical Specs” tab for more information and access instructions.
Subscribe to 2014 Focal Points Digital and get access for 12 months from your purchase date!
Focal Points Print
The print version has been completely redesigned for easier reading. With a 2014 subscription, you receive:
- 12 print issues from January through December 2014, mailed quarterly in sets of three.
- A new topic covered in-depth in each issue.
- Access to Focal Points Digital through December 31, 2014.
Subscribe to Focal Points Print for 12 print issues shipped quarterly to you in March, June, September and December, plus access to Focal Points Digital through December 31, 2014.
For orders shipping outside the US and Canada, a $30 shipping surcharge will be added at checkout.
2014 Focal Points Titles
(Subject to change)
- A Practical Approach to Nystagmus and Saccadic Oscillations
- Review and Update of Entropion and Ectropion
- Pediatric Uveitis
- Why Can’t My Baby See?
- Retinal Optical Coherence Tomography
- An Overview of Keratoprostheses
- Sports Vision
- Atypical Optic Neuritis
- Endocapsular Support Devices for Cataract Surgery
- Ocular Sarcoidosis
- Refractive Enhancement of Pseudophakic Patients
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
Click here to see a list of all Focal Points issues from 1983 through 2013.
CME Credit (per Focal Points issue)
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Once you complete each Focal Points issue, visit CME Central to review or claim your CME credits. After purchasing this product, you may access the online format at http://store.aao.org/online/customer/products/.
Critical Information For Apple iPad users:
If you are using an older version of the AAO eBooks app, highlights, notes and bookmarks in the app may be lost when you upgrade to iOS7, due to iCloud’s inability to backup this data. (The current version of the eBooks app is backed up by the iCloud.)
To preserve your highlights, notes and bookmarks (ie, personal data), update to the current version of the AAO eBooks app (Version 5,0, released February 19, 2014), before upgrading to iOS7.
After updating the AAO eBooks app, visit each chapter of each eBook that has personal data you would like to keep. Make sure your iPad is connected to WiFi when you do this. After you have visited each chapter, your personal data will be available in the AAO eBooks app and synchronized across other Apple or Android tablet devices you use to access your Academy eBooks.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 866.561.8558 (toll free, U.S. only), or +1 415.561.8540, or email email@example.com.