Protect your practice with an informed consent process that is organized, consistent and thorough. Informed consent is important for setting realistic patient expectations and is especially important in malpractice-related litigation.
This online activity employs a variety of methods to help you examine and strengthen all aspects of your informed consent process:
- Chart review checklists to ensure you are following best practices.
- Multiple-choice self-assessments to test your knowledge.
- An online course: Practice Guidelines for Informed Consent, developed with the Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company (OMIC).
- Procedure-specific consent forms developed by OMIC that you can edit to fit your practice.
This activity is ideal for:
- New practices looking to establish an organized and consistent informed consent system.
- Established practices that want to re-examine and strengthen their existing process.
Click the images below "View Samples" to see detailed screenshots, and to read an article from OMIC that includes information for OMIC insureds who may receive a risk management premium discount for participating.
After purchasing this product, you may access it at www.aao.org/myonlineproducts.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.Self-Assessment CME:
This activity meets the Self-Assessment CME requirements defined by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO). Please be advised that the ABO is not an accrediting body for purposes of any CME program. ABO does not sponsor this or any outside activity, and ABO does not endorse any particular CME activity. Complete information regarding the ABO Self-Assessment CME Maintenance of Certification requirements are available at: http://abop.org/maintain-certification/part-2-lifelong-learning-self-assessment/cme/