ICD-10 presents an entirely new process for correctly selecting diagnosis codes, replacing ICD-9’s 2,500 three- to five-digit numeric codes with more than 10,000 three- to seven-character alpha-numeric codes.
This user-friendly book is the most comprehensive resource for ophthalmic-specific diagnosis codes, and will assist ophthalmologists and staff in making a smooth transition to ICD-10. Developed by the American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives, the practice management division of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, ICD-10 for Ophthalmology
will help you get a head start on staff training and system conversion and will positively affect your practice's financial bottom line.
This book features:
- Step-by-step instructions: learn how to select the correct ICD-10 diagnosis codes, which are imperative for claim payment
- Quick reference guide by subspecialty: commonly used ICD-9 codes within each subspecialty are mapped to the corresponding ICD-10 codes
- Alphabetical index
- Tabular index: three to seven characters, including over 10,000 diagnosis codes
- Neoplasm table: assists in the indexing and classification of neoplasms within ICD-10
- Table of drugs and chemicals: helps you code poisoning, overdose states, under-dosing and external causes of adverse effects This book is a complete coding guide for ophthalmology
Save 10% when you buy four or more coding products.